Questions to Ask
If you believe you are at risk for PAD, discuss this concern with your health care provider. Below are topics to discuss with your health care provider to help find out if you should be tested for PAD and what you can do to lower your risk.
- Does my medical history raise my risk for PAD?
- Which screening tests or exams are right for me?
- If I have PAD, what steps should I take to treat it?
- Will PAD increase my risk for other conditions?
- What is my blood sugar level? If it’s too high or if I have diabetes, what should I do about it?
- What are my cholesterol numbers? (These include total cholesterol, LDL, HDL, and triglycerides-a type of fat found in the blood and food.) Do I need to do anything about them?
- What can I do to quit smoking?
- Is there a healthy eating and exercise plan that I should adhere to?