Questions to Ask
If you believe you are at risk for Coronary Artery Disease (CAD), discuss this concern with your health care provider. Below are topics to discuss to help identify if you should be tested for CAD and what you can do to lower your risk.
- Am I at risk for CAD with severe calcium?
- What kind of tests do you use to diagnose CAD?
- What treatment options are available to treat CAD with severe calcium?
- Does my medical history raise my risk for CAD?
- If I have CAD, what steps should I take to treat it?
- Will CAD increase my risk for other conditions?
- What is my blood sugar level? If it’s too high or if I have diabetes, what should I do about it?
- What can I do to quit smoking?
- Is there a healthy eating and exercise plan that I should adhere to?